- Andruw Jones signed with the Dodgers last night and his salary breaks down like this:
$12.2 million signing bonus, of which $5.1 million is payable next year, $2.1 million in 2009 and $5 million in 2010. He well get salaries of $9 million next year and $15 million in 2009
- Jones also receives a full no trade clause.
- Astros selected LHP Wesley Wright from the Dodgers with the eighth pick in the Rule 5 draft. Wright, a short left-hander, had a 2.49 ERA and a 68/31 K/BB ratio in 61 1/3 innings for Double-A Jacksonville last season. Still wondering why the Dodgers left him available. There's a good chance they get him back.
- The Heater, The Tampa Bay Rays Blog talks about the possibility of Andre Ethier could be moved to them.
- Tom Haudricourt, from the Brewers Blog, is denying that the Dodgers and Brewers ever spoke about Ben Sheets, contradicting an earlier report from USA TODAY. He does believe there is mild interest in Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier, but does not get into specifics.
- An Oakland A's source told the SF Chronicle that the Dodgers & A's are, "as far away as the moon" on a Joe Blanton deal.
- Hiroki Kuroda plans on visiting Arizona, Seattle and L.A. while trying to finagle a fourth year out of teams according to Nick Piecoro, from the AZ Republic.