- Jeff Kent wants blood testing in baseball, including the playoffs & his mustache.
- Luis Gonzales is close to signing with the Marlins. A guy that rips young players all season is gonna go to a team with the largest triple A payroll in baseball? Way to end a career.
- The Brewers want Eric Gagne to make a statement about using 'Roids.
- Dodgers signed LHP Matt Riley, RHP Alfredo Simon and OF George Lombard to minor league contracts and invited them to spring training.
- First mini camp was held yesterday & quite a few players showed up.
- And it's one month and 3 days until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in Florida. Valentine's Day!!! Love will be in the air with pitchers and catchers (insert joke here).
Friday, January 11, 2008
There hasn't been much baseball news this week. I'm working on getting those lineups to you by Sunday, but here are a few tidbits.