- Nomar Garciahamm can't be expected to contribute anything as his hitting is declining with age & he's extremely injury prone.
- Miguel Cabrera will not be a Dodger as long as the asking price is as high as it is. The Marlins want at least 3 or 4 major league ready prospects & that's too much to give up for one player, even if that player is a potential Hall of Famer. It's also possible that the Marlins aren't really sure they want to Cabrera just yet, especially if you listen to recent comments from Arte Moreno.
- Joe Crede was said to be available a couple of weeks ago according Barry Rozner of the Chicago Daily Herald. He mentions Kershaw, Kemp & Loney who at this point should be untouchables, but maybe Andy La Roche & Delwyn Young or James McDonald. Crede had a down year last year, but was injured, he could bounce back and would be a nice pick up.
- Juan Pierre is bad at baseball, very bad. His OPS is abysmal & his fielding is literally costing the Dodgers runs.
- Aaron Rowand is looking for something in the range of 5/70-75 million which is a little pricey, but if you look at his WARP-1 numbers and his run production, he consistently performs. Combined with Loney, Martin, Kemp & maybe someone like Crede this could be a dangerous lineup.
- Andruw Jones has Scott Boras as an agent. Need I say more? Well I will. His numbers tanked last year & he's been regarded for quite a while as a lazy ball player. he may be able to be acquired at a discount, but once again do we want him? The Braves won't be offering him arbitration so he can be acquired without giving up any picks. It won't be cheap & he may not be worth the clubhouse headache.
- Jason Schmidt can't be counted on for next season & Esteban Loaiza if healthy could be a decent number 5 starter.
- Johan Santana is going to the Yankees. Nuff said.
- Hiroki Kuroda was offered four years by the Mariners, which is a bit aggressive and risky as far as I'm concerned & I can't see him wanting to play for a team that is going nowhere fast.
So that's it! Don't expect many surprises. I've never been a huge fan of Colletti's (2nd pic look at the ring) but that could change if he does the right thing and doesn't move any of the quality young talent & stops wearing that damn Giant ring. Fucking traitor you're a Dodger now!!